For those wondering- more information regarding The Aquabats Anthology is on it’s way. I’ve just been slammed with schoolwork and have been unable to focus on much else (gotta graduate, yanno!)
Anyway, since summit still hasn’t been announced, the March deadline is going to be extended by at least a month or two, so don’t stress about rushing anything! I have another example page in the works and the submission form is… kind of readyish (ish!!!)?
I promise I’ll get it up over spring break, which is in about three weeks for me. Until then, keep working on stuff or planning what you wanna say/draw/do/take pics of for your page! Woooo!
Sorry again for the delay. Thanks so much for your patience!
Oh, Someone doesn’t like cosplay.
I mean, you could have fun just wearing the uniform I guess.
Yeah man. There’s nothing wrong with just being yourself in uniform. It’s so easy!
Wow! Here I am in this outfit! No way someone could ever mistake me as dressing as a member of the band at a convention due to my hair resembling a certain guitarist or anything! I am totally original and myself and am walking around as myself, only I’m wearing an Aquabats costume! Whoa dude!
However, if I
then OH NO!!!
LOOK AT ME! I’M TRYING VERY HARD TO BE EAGLEBONES! I’M TERRIBLE!
I don’t even know where that original comment was posted. Someone just tweeted it, so I’m adding my two cents. Don’t tell other cadets what to do. We can cosplay if we want to. It’s not like we’re running around claiming to be the guys. It’s fun, so we’re gonna keep doing it. We still act like ourselves and we all have our cadet selves, but there’s nothing wrong with dressing up for fun, so step off.
So you want to Save The Aquabats…
Hey guys, casual reminder that watching on youtube, torrenting, and illegally sharing The Aquabats! Super Show! episodes does not help The Hub or the possibility of us getting new episodes. If you genuinely and honestly want the show to continue, you need to stop these activities immediately.
I know that there is literally no legal way of viewing the episodes from season 2 and 3 right now (except for reruns on The Hub and whatever they decide to put on their website) but you need to be patient. It seems like a lot of people are of the instant gratification mindset, and that really is going to cause problems in the long-run. Is going to youtube to watch an episode right this second really worth the possibility that The Hub might cancel the show?
If you really want those episodes, e-mail The Hub and tell them that you want them to show more Aquabats reruns. By doing that, you’re satisfying your need to see those episodes again as well as showing the network that you love the show as a whole.
E-mail Shout Factory (the people who put out the first season DVD) and ask that they put the last two seasons on DVD. When I talked to the Shout Factory people at SDCC and asked about S2 and S3 coming out on DVD they said they honestly didn’t think there was enough demand for it. Come now, we all know that isn’t true, so tell them that!
Try to get the show on Netflix! … I don’t know who to e-mail about that though, so don’t ask me.
I know that not all countries have access to the show and I know that it’s been 6+ months for Americans, but honestly I’d rather wait a year and six months (or more!) for episodes that have already been made to legally come out on DVD if it means that new ones get made. After all, what’s worse to you? Waiting for episodes that already exist, or waiting in vain indefinitely for new episodes?
Just think about that please. Don’t be selfish. I know we all want to see those S2 and S3 episodes and I know that torrenting, sharing, streaming, and youtubing seem so easy, but if you really want this show to continue then you need to delete those files, report those videos (to The Hub so they can take them down) and be patent.
Anyway, keep signing the petition and spreading the word. Keep e-mailing The Hub telling them how much you love the show, and keep being rad.
for the anthology- considering i make a lot of things, would it be okay if i were to submit a collage of all the stuff i made on one page, or would a single image be preferable?
Collages are totally fine! Yeah dude, you have a lot of awesome plushies, shirts, bags, etc! Definitely show ‘em off! Include as many or as few as you’d like!
Check it out, homies! Some example pages from The Aquabats! 20th Anniversary Cadet Anthology! These are examples of image submissions. If you want to do a full page illustration, the first image is what it would look like next to another page (with the grey part in the middle being where the binding would go.)
The second and third images are how we plan on crediting everyone who gets into the book! We plan on having a “yearbook style” section in the back that will be filled with information that you provide to us when you fill out your submission form to accompany your piece (form coming soon.)
You have the option of providing us with an image of yourself to accompany your name. All images must be 1x1”, or else we’ll crop them for you. It could either be a drawing of yourself or an actual photo. If you don’t provide an image, we might just stick a Lil Bat Dude where your face would be. When you submit the form to us you also have the option of providing your cadet number (if applicable), location, permanent website URL, how long you’ve been a fan, etc as well as your real name and/or a nick name. Most of it is optional, but you’ll probably wanna fill in at least some of it so the guys know who you are!
More information including a link to the submission form, funding plan, and additional examples coming soon. Stay tuned guys. and if you have any questions don’t be afraid to ask!
Yo So I'm making apiece for the art book for the bats but it won't be digital Should I just take HD pictures for it? If so what kind of file, dimensions etc would I need to do?
If you could scan it at 300 dpi that’d be ideal! If you don’t have a scanner at home you could try a place like Kinkos or Office Max. Anywhere that offers a printing service should also have a scanner! If neither of those are options though, yes, we could accept a photo as well!
As for dimensions, the book is going to be 7.75” x9.75” (Portrait), so make your picture(s) at least 7”x9”, if you go bigger than that, make sure to have .25” on either side of the image so it won’t get cut off when the book is bound.
Hello! I was wondering when the Art Book for the 'Bats is due and what can you put it in it?
The initial due date was March 1st, but unless Summit is announced soon, most likely the due date will be pushed back until June or so. In other words, no rush! But it would be a good idea to start thinking about what you want to submit!
We’re looking for G-PG rated art (no overly violent, bloody, or shipping art), personal stories (not fanfiction), what the band means to you, friendships/relationships formed through the band, photos of you at concerts, cosplays, etc. Just make sure that whatever you submit is your property, or that if you submit someone else’s photo/drawing that you have permission from them. We will check!
For more information, refer to this tag and hopefully later tonight I’ll have a post that has some example pages and the like, as well as a link to our submission form and details on how we plan to fund this project (with a little help from everyone, I hope!)
Remember to tag your Aquabats spoilers!
The Aquabats! Are celebrating a big milestone in 2014… turning 20! Surely the band has lots of fun stuff planned for the fans… but what do the fans have planned for the band? I’m here to give you one idea that I hope all cadets -both old and new- will participate in!
Introducing “The Aquabats! Awesome Anthology!”
- “What’s an anthology?” You ask? It’s a compilation of work submitted to a single project that is then put into a book! Anthologies can be made up of art, comics, short stories, etc! As a special gift from the fans to The Aquabats, I thought it would be cool to put together our own Aquabats themed anthology to give to the guys at this year’s summit! Here are some details!
- What kind of stuff are you looking for?: A little bit of everything honestly! Cadets can submit fanart, short comics, photos, collages, crafts, cosplays, and personal accounts! Personal accounts are like stories, but differ in the fact that they are not fanfiction. As great as it would be to include fanficion in this anthology, in the interest of saving money due to printing costs I respectfully request that it not be submitted.
You must submit YOUR OWN WORK. If you think an artist should submit their work, please ASK THEM to submit their work directly to us via e-mail. Try to keep your stories PG, there is a team of editors that will be making sure everything is ok, but we are not too worried to be honest! We trust ya.
- What are you picturing exactly? We are looking for submissions for the following three categories:
- Comics and Illustrations! - Please try to include as many bats as possible, as the one book will be made for each one.
- Cadet Stories! - which will include stuff like “What The Aquabats mean to me”, “Friendships and relationships created through the band”, “Stories from shows and summits”, and “Cadet stories”
- Crafts, Costumes, and Photos! - Show off your craft work and custom cadet outfits in here if you feel like!
All categories can feature Aquabats and monsters/villains from the past and/or present. If you feel like drawing the band and the baddies as they were for Myths, Legends, and Other Amazing Adventures of The Aquabats Vol 2, go ahead!
- How much can I submit?: You can submit as many pieces as you want, however only ONE piece will be accepted for the final book. Remember there are a lot of Cadets out there! So make sure your submissions are pieces you are ok with being in the book.
- Where do I submit things?: Send an email to AquabatsAnthology@gmail.com
- What are the aspects?: We plan on the book being 7.75” x9.75” (Portrait), so make your illustrations at least 7”x9”, if you go bigger please allow .25” on either side in case of binding. You can submit either black and white or full color images.
- How much will the book cost to print?: At the moment to make five hardcover books (one for each Bat) the total is $203.95 USD before shipping.
There are several ways that we are considering collecting funds for this project, and I hope that you will help us out!:
- Submission Charge (at most $5 USD)
- OR Cadet Pledges
- Keep in mind that prices are subject to change depending on the amount of submissions we get.
- Will I be able to purchase a copy of the book once it’s done?: At the moment, no. We may provide a PDF version if we get permission from all of the contributors, however!
- When is this due?: My hope is to have everything submitted by March 1st the book will hopefully be all done and printed by mid-to-late March! Wondercon is in April, and if stuff goes down there then that’s probably when we will give it to them! If summit doesn’t happen in April, though, we will extend the due date to June and try to get it done for San Diego Comic Con in July!
Stay tuned Cadets! More posts will be made to answer any questions and provide additional information.
Am I the only one that noticed that Susan Boyle was totally in the Christmas special?